Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shell to build floating LNG plant



Shell is to build the world's first floating LNG processing plant off the West Australian coast.

The company plans to process gas from its Prelude and Concerto fields in the Browse Basin off the Kimberley coast using floating LNG technology.

Federal Resources Minister Martin Ferguson says the technology will allow remote gas fields, which may otherwise have been not viable, to be unlocked.

"Obviously historically we have had LNG hubs on the mainland. On this occasion it's a choice between having gas reserves stranded or looking at a new technology," he said.

1 comment:

  1. hey louise

    its john from melbourne here, I'm in Broome but I've lost my phone and your number with it. This is the only way I can think of contacting you. I'm staying at the bloody kimberly klub till i can get onto you. Please email me your telephone number or leave a message at reception with your number and or address. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete