Friday, February 11, 2011

The Broome Chamber of Commerce met in a special meeting tonight and voted on several motions.


by Craig Phillips on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 7:07pm

There was a clear majority in favour of its advertised position promoting the benefits of compulsory acquisition of the land at James Price Point for an LNG plant. About a dozen business representatives voted to change the Chamber's position and for the Chamber to be more inclusive of its members but to no avail. Will an LNG plant at James Price Point be good for small business in Broome? Will it be good for those on little income? Will the Chamber's support of compulsory acquisition damage Broome's reputation and continue to divide our community? I am sad for the Broome I came to 27 years ago. I am sad for the Broome I moved to 16 years ago. What will Broome be like in 10 years?"

Comments by Kel:

Well, I want names! I want to know which businesses I am no longer going to have any dealings with.

I want to see those names plastered all over town, so that all like-minded people with even the smallest sense of justice and morality knows which businesses not to have dealings with anymore.

I want to hear those names shouted from the rooftops so that all Kimberley Traditional Owners and Aboriginal people know who the colonialists are that still think it's okay to steal someone else's land to further their own pursuit of greed.

Economists say that a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. Well let's show these merchants of greed just how many dollars they can lose today in the hope of some vague promise of dollars tomorrow.

I want names!

Kel

2 comments:

  1. Yes please we need those names.
    Congrats on your 100,000 hits.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant poster!LOL!

    ReplyDelete